EKU ASSURANCE OF LEARNING
EKU Assessment Leads to Assurance of Learning
Assurance of Learning is the process by which faculty examine how well students are achieveing the student learning outcomes defined for their degree programs. The Assurance of Learning assessment is one of the three primary areas of assessment used by the university to ensure Institutional Effectivess.
Click photo to enlarge
Office of Institutional Effectiveness
The assurance of learning efforts of the Office of Institutional Effectiveness are focused upon supporting quality student learning by establishing and maintaining a culture of assessment at the program, department and institutional levels. Our philosophy is that assessment results provide information for decision making to assure that our students are learning.
Our primary tasks include:
- working with academic units to develop and implement student learning assurance of learning plans in order to improve curriculum and instruction at the course and program levels
- working with the University Assessment Committee to develop and implement a plan for assessing student learning at the university level and for using the results of that assessment to inform decision making
- serving as an assurance of learning resource to the university community and providing professional development opportunities related to the practice of student learning assessment
- providing assistance to programs seeking programmatic accreditation
- serving as the administrator for TracDat, the software system used by the university to house assurance of learning and strategic plans.