What is TracDat?
TracDat is the centralized software system used by EKU to document our planning and assessment efforts. By using TracDat we are able to offer a consistent, standardized structure for maintaining and reporting on planning and assessment efforts at all levels of the university.
Instructional How To's
- Strategic Plan Reporting Unit Action Plan Components
- Entering A New Objective
- Editing An Existing Objective
- Entering A New Goal (Departmental Reporting)
- Uploading Evidence
- Goals/Objectives Mapping
Quick Updating Reminders
- How much must be updated each year? At least half of the objectives, making sure all objectives are assessed at least twice in the five year planning cycle. (Remember: if you are choosing not to update a particular objective, please indicate as a Results/Observations when the objective will be evaluated).
- NEVER DELETE ANYTHING! If there is an objective and/or assessment method that is no longer relevant, outdated, and/or just not meeting the needs of the department/program - please mark it as INACTIVE, rather than deleting it. If the objective and/or assessment method needs minor tweaking in verbage or criterion, please EDIT it.
- To Add or Update an Objective or Assessment Method, follow the path: Reporting Unit Planning | Plan
- To Add or Update the Results/Observations or Meaningful Change, follow the path: Reporting Unit Planning | Results/Observations
- Meaningful Change is reported in the past tense, and must include Evidence uploaded as a Related Document.
- Please do not use "Directly related to Objective." All results/observations and meaningful change should be nested under existing or newly created assessment methods.
TracDat Assistance & Training
We offer one on one training at your office with you and your office/department on your TracDat needs. Training can be as basic for those with no experience with TracDat and will cover: logging into TracDat, navigating, entering plans and results, and various TracDat reports. We also offer a refresher training for those that have used TracDat in the past but just have a few questions.
For TracDat assistance and training sessions please contact Bethany Miller at 622-0269 or email Bethany at email@example.com, or Tanlee Wasson at 622-8664 or email Tanlee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TracDat can be accessed from off campus using an EKU issued laptop. All EKU laptops run a program called Direct Access that allows users to connect to EKU services (TracDat, Footprints, Banner, etc.) as if they were on campus.
Users can also access TracDat from off campus on a virtual private network connection (VPN) connecting their home computer to their work computer. If you are interested in that option, IT will be happy to assist users in setting up access.
If you had previously bookmarked the link to TracDat, please do so again to ensure that your access to the login page is not interrupted. TracDat will not be available from off campus computers without the VPN for the foreseeable future.